Jared M. Reams
As an attorney focused on representing businesses in the cannabis industry, Jared Reams understands how highly dynamic, complex, and disparate federal and state laws regulating the use and sale of cannabis products in the United States have become. Whether your business sells marijuana or hemp products, cannabis derivatives like THC or CBD, or another related product or service, navigating these rules requires knowledge of local and national laws and how they interact with each other. Jared can help you obtain required licenses, ensure operational and product-related compliance, fight for your business against improper enforcement of the law, and provide transactional support such as drafting and revising contracts that grant protection when deals do not go as expected.
Before he began representing cannabis businesses, Jared Reams gained extensive experience litigating matters involving government contracts and regulations, commercial disputes, unfair competition, anticompetitive business practices, and intellectual property rights. He regularly represents clients in federal and state courts, as well as before administrative tribunals.
In Harris v. ContiTech North America, Inc. et al., Jared achieved a $35,740,000 jury verdict in favor of a client who was severely burned by scalding hot water after a hose coupling failed while he was using it on the job.
Jared graduated magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he also taught as an adjunct professor of mock trial.
- Minnesota, 2015
- Washington, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2013
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2015
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2013
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Washington State University
- B.A. – 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Philosophy
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018 – 2022
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer
Classes & Seminars
- “The Fundamentals of Federal Government Contract Law” on June 9, 2022 for Minnesota CLE;
- Doing Business with the Government- Opportunities and Pitfalls” on January 20, 2022 for Minnesota CLE;
- “ITAR 101 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Export Controls” on October 28, 2021 for PTAC; and
- “All You Need to Know About the SBA All Small Mentor Protégé Program” on November 18, 2020 for PTAC.
Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- America Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA), Twin Cities Chapter
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- International Cannabis Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Federal Pro Se Project