Jared M. Reams
Jared Reams focuses his practice on government contracts, intellectual property disputes, unfair competition, anticompetitive business practices, and civil rights actions. Having joined Eckland & Blando after clerking for the firm through law school, Jared is very comfortable in the courtroom and as a law student was granted licenses to represent felony criminal defendants in Washington State and to prosecute for the City of Bloomington in Minnesota. Jared excels in the "chess game" inherent to litigation and has experience not only in federal and state court cases, but also claims under the Administrative Procedure Act.
Jared graduated magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he helped teach students appellate advocacy skills as managing director of the Maynard Pirsig Moot Court program and competed on the law school’s mock trial team, earning first place in the region during his final year.
- B.A., Philosophy, magna cum laude, Washington State University, magna cum laude (2009)
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School (2013)
- Eckland & Blando LLP, Minneapolis, MN, (2013-present)
- Bloomington City Attorney's Office, Bloomington, MN, (2012 - Certified Student Attorney)
- Kitsap County Office of Public Defense, Port Orchard, WA, (2012 - rule 9 intern)
- Washington State Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA), Twin Cities Chapter
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington (2013)
- State of Washington (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2015)
- State of Minnesota (2015)
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota (2015)
- Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer recognition for providing pro bono service