Lara R. Sandberg
Lara R. Sandberg joined Eckland & Blando in 2015 with a background in complex settlement administration and commercial litigation. Lara focuses her practice on litigating and negotiating settlements on claims brought by property owners against the United States under Section 515 of the Housing Act of 1949 and the Tucker Act. She also works closely with local and national companies to ensure government contract compliance, review and provide guidance on labor and employment law issues, and pursue commercial litigation.
Before joining Eckland & Blando, Lara managed hundreds of thousands of attorney fee, tax, medical, child support, and judgment liens asserted against claimants in the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damages Settlement, NFL Concussion Settlement, and U.S. ASR Hip Settlement. She reviewed settlement agreement lien provisions and developed policies, procedures, and communications that allowed the claims administrator to verify the authenticity and amount of asserted liens. Lara also managed a team of attorneys in reviewing lien documentation, protecting claimant confidentiality, working with an adjudicator to facilitate dispute resolution, and issuing payment to verified lien holders.
- B.A., Government, University of Virginia (2007)
- J.D., Boston College School of Law (2012)
- Eckland & Blando LLP, Minneapolis, MN, (2015-present)
- BrownGreer PLC, Richmond, VA, (2012-2015)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- State of Virginia (2012)
- State of Minnesota (2014)