Vince C. Reuter focuses his practice on commercial litigation, government contracts, federal and state administrative law, and admiralty and maritime law. Vince has extensive experience litigating disputes between private commercial parties, suits against the State of Minnesota, and suits against the United States. Vince's experience includes litigating cases before Minnesota state administrative boards, federal administrative boards, and in both state and federal court.
Vince is also significantly involved in a complex multi-party litigation against the United States Department of Agriculture under the Tucker Act and the Fifth Amendment's Takings Clause. This ongoing litigation has created numerous cases before the United States Court of Federal Claims and an ongoing structured settlement that has resulted in numerous claims with a total value exceeding $500,000,000.
Another important aspect of Vince's practice is appellate advocacy. Vince has represented clients in appeals before the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In addition to understanding the unique rules and challenges to winning on appeal, Vince's appellate experience benefits his clients in all other phases of a case. He understands the full potential life cycle of litigation and how to strategically prepare for possible contingences at each step.
Finally, Vince possesses an expertise in admiralty and maritime law through his designation as a Proctor in Admiralty and his Master of Laws degree in admiralty law. At Eckland & Blando, Vince represents marine industry clients in several subject areas, including contractual disputes involving the carriage of goods, injuries sustained on the Mississippi River and other navigable waters, and administrative disputes with federal maritime agencies. Vince's knowledge and experience helps him navigate the unique procedural and substantive aspects of federal admiralty and maritime law, complexities which often directly impact the client's opportunity for success.
Vince received his J.D. cum laude from Hamline University School of Law and his LL.M. in Admiralty Law from Tulane University Law School, where he was a Maritime Law Fellow.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Contracts
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- International Trade and Customs
- Administrative and Regulatory Law
- Appellate Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- LL.M. - 2009
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota
- B.S. - 2002
- Major: Information Systems
- Callaway Manor Apartments, Ltd. v. United States, 940 F.3d 650 (Fed. Cir. 2019).
- Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., 913 N.W.2d 687 (Minn. 2018).
- Airport Road Associates, Ltd. et al. v. United States, 866 F.3d 1346 (Fed. Cir. 2017).
- Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., 896 N.W.2d 115 (Minn. Ct. App. 2017).
Honors & Awards
- Attorney at Law Magazine, Next Generation Attorney
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer (Recognition for Pro Bono Service)
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Minnesota Rising Star
Associations & Memberships
- Duluth-Superior Maritime Club
- Federal Bar Association
- Admiralty Law Section
- Federal Litigation Section
- Government Contracts Section
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Secretary, Uniformity of U.S. Maritime Law Committee (2021-Present)
- Inland Waters and Towing Committee
- Practice and Procedure Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Legislative Committee
- HCBA Representative to MSBA Assembly (2020 to Present)
- National Contract Management Association
- President, Twin Cities Chapter (2016)
- Upper Mississippi Waterway Association
- Cartner & Fiske, LLC, Washington D.C., 2009 to 2012