Vince C. Reuter represents clients in areas of admiralty and maritime law, commercial litigation, and government contracts. Vince utilizes extensive trial and appellate experience to defend his client’s rights through litigation and, as importantly, to prevent disputes before they happen. This experience includes aggressively representing clients in state and federal court in suits involving insurance defense, private commercial disputes, and suits against the Government.
A significant aspect of Vince’s practice is admiralty and maritime law. As a Proctor in Admiralty, Vince defends clients with issues involving collisions, the Jones Act, and other marine casualties. Vince has deep knowledge and experience with the unique statutes and procedural rules within admiralty and maritime law. This includes the Limitation of Liability Act, the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, and enforcing these and other maritime rights under the supplemental rules for admiralty. Vince is a frequent speaker and writer on issues involving admiralty and maritime law.
Vince received his J.D. cum laude from Mitchell Hamline School of Law and his LL.M. in Admiralty Law from Tulane University Law School, where he was a Maritime Law Fellow.
- State of Minnesota
- State of Wisconsin
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Tulane University Law School
- LL.M. in Admiralty, 2009
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- J.D. – 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- B.S., Information Systems, 2002
- Halva v. Minnesota State College and Universities, 953 N.W.2d 496 (Minn. 2021).
- Callaway Manor Apartments, Ltd. v. United States, 940 F.3d 650 (Fed. Cir. 2019).
- Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., 913 N.W.2d 687 (Minn. 2018).
- Airport Road Associates, Ltd. et. al. v. United States, 866 F.3d 1346 (Fed. Cir. 2017).
- Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., 896 N.W.2d 115 (Minn. Ct. App. 2017).
Honors & Awards
- Attorney at Law Magazine, Next Generation Attorney.
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer (Recognition for Pro Bono Service).
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Minnesota Rising Star.
Associations & Memberships
- Duluth-Superior Maritime Club
- Federal Bar Association
- Admiralty Law Section
- Federal Litigation Section
- Government Contracts Section
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Secretary, Uniformity of U.S. Maritime Law Committee (2021-Present)
- Inland Waters and Towing Committee
- Practice and Procedure Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Legislative Committee (2020 to Present)
- HCBA Representative to MSBA Assembly (2020 to Present)
- National Contract Management Association
- President, Twin Cities Chapter (2016)
- Upper Mississippi Waterway Association