The attorneys at Eckland & Blando understand that litigation does not end upon a jury verdict or a court order. While trial courts determine whether a litigant complied with the law, appellate courts determine what the law is. For more than two decades, in both state and federal appellate courts, the attorneys at Eckland & Blando have helped shape the law in which individuals and companies do business. This includes successfully arguing appeals before the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the Fourth Circuit, the Eighth Circuit, the Federal Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Successful appellate advocacy requires substantial preparation, a keen attention to detail, and an ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in writing and orally before the court. The attorneys at Eckland & Blando have substantial experience at each step of this process and recognize what it takes to win at the highest levels of our judicial system.
Examples of published decisions that the attorneys at Eckland & Blando have successfully briefed and argued include:
Supreme Court of the United States
· Franconia Associates v. United States, 536 U.S. 129 (2002).
United States Circuit Courts of Appeal
· Airport Road Associates v. United States, 866 F.3d 1346 (Fed. Cir. 2017).
· Chancellor Manor v. United States, 331 F.3d 891 (Fed. Cir. 2003).
· Kvaerner ASA v. Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd., 210 F.3d 262 (4th Cir. 2000).
· Allstate Financial Corporation v. United States, 109 F.3d 1331 (8th Cir. 1997).
· Jurgens v. CBK, Ltd., 80 F.3d 1566 (Fed. Cir. 1996).
Minnesota Supreme Court
· Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., et al., 913 N.W.2d 687 (Minn. 2018).
State Appellate Courts
· Staffing Specifix, Inc. v. TempWorks Management Services, Inc., et al., 896 N.W.2d 115 (Minn. App. 2017).
· Eastover Ridge, LLC v. Metric Constructors, Inc., 533 S.E.2d 827 (N.C. App. 2000).
Contact Our Firm
For more information about the Appellate Practice at Eckland & Blando, please contact our law firm’s Minneapolis office at 612-236-0160.